Friday, September 25, 2009

A Very Good Day

Today is a very good day.

I woke up to learn that almost 13,000 people read my blog overnight!!

My dad worked his magic with his friends, Chad Gilbert from New Found Glory; Hayley Williams from Paramore; Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy; Benji and Joel Madden from Good Charlotte, and Nicole Richie. Thanks to all of them, and their tweeting about me, I am now getting words of encouragement and hope from all around the world. I can't tell you how grateful my parents and I are for everyone's support.

Today the house is going to be filled with the music of all those groups who opened their hearts to me. This place is gonna rock.

I am so excited that my little sister is coming home tonight, for her first visit since she started college a few weeks ago. I can already feel her hug as she wraps her arms around me. I can't wait to cuddle with her and hear all about what is happening at college (mostly about the boys).

So many of you have asked how you can help. For starters, keep doing exactly what you've been doing: Tweeting, Retweeting, Facebooking, Emailing...whatever it takes to share my story with more people. Then, if you live in New Jersey (or anywhere else on the planet, for that matter) you can contact our Congressmen, Senators and Governor to let them know that I have many friends who care about me and want to make certain that my needs (and those of others like me) are properly addressed.

For their contact info, please see my post How Can I Help?

1 comment:

  1. Annie, things are gonna get better. Your family and friends love you so much and they will do whatever it takes to get you back to a good place.

    To everyone that read and forwarded Annie's story, great job...but you can do more. It is an election year, send a letter or email to any and all politicians, include Annie's blog but also tell them that your vote counts and they must act.
    NJ has the highest taxes in the country yet it is the worst state for a disabled person to live in. NJ is the most politically corrupt state and the brunt of every Soprano, Houswives, Toxic waste joke that is out there...yet our politicians do nothing but perpetaute that stereotype. They promise the world during an election, yet never deliver. They forget that they are public servants and they ignore the needs of the people that delivered them to office in the first place...But for the disabled, it is much worse because they dont count in the polls, they dont cost them any votes and they dont make alot of noise...Put in a few handicap ramps around town and an elevator in town hall and they think that they did their job. At the wine and cheese party that night, they brag of their accomplishments in public service and how they are an advocate of the people...bullshit.

    Disabled people are not just numbers, they are our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, parents, relatives and friends. They are not loved any less, their life is not worth any less, and they are not entitled to anything less.
    More publicity goes to the misstreatment of animals than to the misstreatment of our most vulnerable members of society.
    I was recently asked to perform at a charity event, it was a fundraiser for a perfectly healthy kid who wanted to race go carts and needed money....people actually showed up.

    Call, write, email, tweet your state's politicians. Tell them your not going to vote for them and that your going to tell everyone you know not to vote for them...this will get their attention.

    Annie - YOU HAVE BEEN HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!!! We will continue to be your voice that yells loud your story, we will be your legs that delivers your message, we will be your hands that reach out and touch...

    ReplyDelete