Monday, October 5, 2009

Rabbit Hole

There really are a lot of you out there writing to our governor, congressmen, and assemblymen about my situation. Some of you have even gotten responses which you have forwarded to us. You've been met with form letters or answers that are frustrating because they don't understand the system and how I'm falling through the cracks. My sister's friend, Mary, got a response to one of her letters from assemblywoman Vandervalk, stating that the Eastern Christian Children's Retreat which was originally offered to me and which I visited, was wonderful and that I'd get excellent care there. It's true, it would have been a nice place, if I didn't have a feeding tube and seizures, because then I could live in their charming cottages that are more home-like. Instead, I was offered a hospital-like institution with 4 people to a bedroom facing a nurses station that would have lights filtering into the room all night.

That being said, I want you to keep speaking for me. I need you to be my voice and I'm gratetful to you for standing up for me. Right now many of your pleas for help seem to be falling into the Rabbit Hole. We get kind of excited one day that progress is being made. Then the next, there's only silence. This is a strange and difficult process. They may not have quite gotten the message yet, but their ears and their minds are starting to open. So don't stop.

Anyway, while I wait for the Rabbit Hole to close up, and our words to sink in, I sit and sit some more. It is like the Cat in the Hat on a cold wet day where there is no place to go, and nothing to do. "So all we could do was to Sit! Sit! Sit! SIt! And we did not like it. Not one little bit.".

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay to contact your through your email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Cailyn
    cailynxxx gmail.com

    ReplyDelete